I loved Prentiss when she first turned up, she was sassy and cultured, but as the writers have “developed” her character I feel like she’s devolved. The finale confirmed it for me, Prentiss needs to leave, she no longer fits into the family. My allegiance has now transferred to JJ, cause she was 100% badass in that finale.
Excuse me? ‘Devolved’? Emily not ‘fitting into the family’ by the finale was because of her death. She doesn’t fit in because they MOURNED her, and she had to detach herself from the life she’d known for so many years. Coming back, what you defined as ‘devolved’ was her own insecurities about not fitting in anymore. She didn’t NEED to leave; she needed to be helped to move through this, and they chose not to go with that approach because it was Paget’s decision not to come back for the eighth season.
And while I agree that JJ’s been pretty badass this season, she wasn’t always. You changing your ‘allegiance’, if that’s what you want to call it, to JJ just because of what she did in the finale as opposed to oh, I don’t know, Emily risking her life TWICE to save Will, then that’s your decision.
And I’ve refrained from doing this on Tumblr, but fuck your decision. It’s a stupid one.
- waywardangelsandhunters likes this
- comebackswinging13 reblogged this from criminal-minds-confessions
- elelovesmeme88ita reblogged this from arwenlalaith
- song-bird11 likes this
- ceriella likes this
- i-live-for-the-game likes this
- ayjayalexander reblogged this from criminal-minds-confessions and added:
- logicbomb32 reblogged this from criminal-minds-confessions
- a-trifle-silenced-mind likes this
- mcgarrygirl78 reblogged this from criminal-minds-confessions and added:
- whatiwasborntodo reblogged this from criminal-minds-confessions
- arepitasdulces likes this
- aniaofsaria likes this
- allysehauser likes this
- criminal-minds-confessions posted this